Undead Labs is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Producer for our State of Decay 3 team. Our ideal candidate will be focused on building trust and driving consensus across the team.
As a senior individual contributor, you'll lead the production aspects of development cycles by leading multiple development teams through the production process. Working with other cross-functional leaders, you’ll be responsible for translating goals for product development, estimating and tracking production schedules and budgets, ensuring timely and accurate asset flow, and coordinating resources for the team to achieve success. Your skills in facilitating communication, keeping others motivated and engaged, and contributions in elevating our development environment will be key. This role is accountable for ensuring product development teams have clear goals, process, and standards to deliver high quality outputs, on time, and within budget. This position reports to the Production Manager.
At Undead Labs, we work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we generate together. We are humble and curious in our work, and are always striving to make things better - for our players, for each other, and for our industry. Everyone here is committed to helping the team thrive, enabling us to rise to the moment to build incredible games.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Translate product goals into development schedules, by working with a group of cross-functional individuals, including product leaders, discipline leads, Executive Producer, and individual contributors.
- Support and reinforce team goals in your communications and actions.
- Foster engagement, safety, collaboration, accountability, and community within the development team.
- Ensure communication to varied audiences that provides the right level of transparency and alignment.
- Track and share the team's progress to goals with the project and studio leadership teams so they understand timelines, status, context, risks, and planned mitigations. If trajectory appears risky apply appropriate mitigations.
- Engage with our people managers to ensure all team members have the right amount and type of work, and can both perform and grow through their work.
- Ensure that development goals are both aspirational and achievable.
- Ensure timeliness, as well as excellence in quality, for all development team outputs.
- Help shape the design of production tools and practices that impact the discipline and overall effectiveness of our development teams.
- Collaborate with peer producers to support product and people successes across products and development teams.
- Work closely with product owners to champion quality features in-line with the product vision.
Core Traits & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in project methodologies, with the ability to articulate strengths and shortcomings of different methods, and how to tailor approaches to meet development and project team needs.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp the development target, break it down, identify interdependencies, sequence and assign work, and accurately scope for delivery.
- Ability to identify potential blockers to development team progress, and eliminate or mitigate risks.
- A collaborative and optimistic approach to working with others that unifies team members and fosters an environment of safety, inclusiveness, and excellence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that can cater to multiple audiences and disciplines - from design, engineering/technical, art, product leaders and studio management team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in effective and resourceful ways.
- Strong organization skills, including attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to drive tactical and strategic initiatives independently.
Bonus Traits & Experience:
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Game development experience, or experience in a creative and iterative development environment.
Benefits & Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Undead Labs and the state in which you work.
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Unlimited PTO + studio holiday closure in December
- 401k plan with 50% matching
- Subsidized transportation to & from work
- Professional growth resources
- Discounts on the Microsoft Games store
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Noise levels are low to moderate in the work environment.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Undead Labs
We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay with a fan base of over 10 million people. As an independent member of Xbox Game Studios, we collaborate with a huge network of skilled specialists in all disciplines, providing incredible opportunities for joint development and learning.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We look forward to hearing from you!